At Groth & Associates, Attorneys at Law, we believe people deserve a second chance. Life naturally has many ups and downs. We make mistakes but learn from them and alter our lives for the better. We all make mistakes, and as a criminal defense firm, we believe we all deserve the opportunity to learn from our actions and change for the better. As Maya Angelou once said, “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
To support those who are determined to learn from their mistakes, we are excited to announce the 2022 Back and Better Scholarship. Through the Back and Better Scholarship, students are encouraged to answer the following prompt for the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship: In 750-1,000 words, tell us about a time you received a second chance – how did you respond to this opportunity, and what valuable lesson did you learn?
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a vocational program or two to five year post-secondary institution for the upcoming 2023 school year.
- Employees of Groth & Associates, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Tell us about a time you received a second chance – how did you respond to this opportunity, and what valuable lesson did you learn?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Back and Better Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 20232. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Groth & Associates – 2022 Back and Better Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.